Each week we are posting General Intercessions for the upcoming Sunday liturgies by Msgr. Joseph Masiello, retired pastor of Holy Trinity Parish, Westfield, NJ. These intercessions are based on the assigned scriptures, the liturgical season and current events.
THIRTEENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
CELEBRANT: Let us pray, without fear and with trust, to the God in whose image we are made and who has done mighty deeds of healing and forgiveness.
READER: Please respond, “LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER!”
1. That, in the face of death and evil, Christians may not fear but rather hold firm to their belief in the healing power and presence of the Christ, we pray. . .
2. That, devastated by the poison of war and terror, the nations may seek peace and reconciliation, one with another, especially where there is little peace and no reconciliation, we pray. . .
3. That world leaders may, with courage, make the decision to achieve a global balance in which countries with an abundance assist those which are in need, including being in need of anti-covid vaccines, we pray. . .
4. That a just and caring response to families seeking a welcome and safe haven in our blessed land may be what guides our nation’s immigration policies, we pray. . .
5. That the sorrowing, especially parents who have suffered the death of a child, may find comfort in Jesus’ Easter promise of eternal life, and experience the kindness and the consolation of the Christ in the love family, friends, and faith community extend to them, we pray. . .
6. That our service men and women and our First Responders may be covered with safety; and, the seriously ill in our community and among our family members and friends gifted with love’s comfort and the healing touch of our God, (especially ___________,) we pray. . .
7. That ______________, (and) all our beloved dead may come to the everlasting embrace of our God’s rest, peace, and love, we pray. . .
8. We pause to express, in the silence of our hearts, our personal intentions -
That our helper God may receive with kindness those unspoken concerns, we pray. . .
CELEBRANT: Gracious God, show your favor in our need, that we may joyfully give you thanks forever. Listen to the prayers we offer through Christ our Lord. Amen.