Each week we are posting General Intercessions for the upcoming Sunday liturgies by Msgr. Joseph Masiello, retired pastor of Holy Trinity Parish, Westfield, NJ. These intercessions are based on the assigned scriptures, the liturgical season and current events.
TWENTY-FIFTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
CELEBRANT: As St. Paul exhorts us, let us offer the Lord God our petitions, prayers, and intercessions.
READER: Please respond, “LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER!”
1. That God’s people, shepherds and faithful, may be effective witnesses for truth and justice, speaking out with courage and acting on behalf of the poor, the hungry, the hurting, we pray. . .
2. That the trumpets of war may be silenced, especially in Ukraine, and a Sabbath of peace fall gently upon the nations, soon and very soon, we pray. . .
3. That office holders on every level of government, who manage the resources of our country, may reject all dishonesty and greed, and be faithful stewards of all that has been entrusted to them, we pray. . .
4. That all those engaged in the ministry of catechizing the young may grow in living and be blessed in teaching our faith and the Church’s heritage of social justice, we
pray. . .
5. That we who bear the name of the Christ may grow more and more into the stewardship way of life, sharing our time, talents, and treasure in abundance, we pray. . .
6. That our service men and women and our First Responders may be kept safe; and, the seriously ill in our community and among our family members and friends gifted with the comfort of loved ones and the healing touch of our God, (especially _____________,) we pray. . .
7. That the sorrowing may be lifted up in hope by Easter’s glorious promise; and, (and) all our beloved dead come to eternal rest in the forever embrace of God’s love and peace, we pray. . .
8. We pause to express, in the silence of our hearts, our personal intentions -
That our God may receive with kindness those unspoken concerns, we pray. . .
CELEBRANT: Giver of every good thing, you challenge us with your Word. Listen to the prayers that we humbly voice for all in need. Help us to imitate your generosity in everything we do, and gently lead us to your Kingdom where every hunger will be satisfied. We ask this through Christ our Lord.