Each week we are posting General Intercessions for the upcoming Sunday liturgies by Msgr. Joseph Masiello, retired pastor of Holy Trinity Parish, Westfield, NJ. These intercessions are based on the assigned scriptures, the liturgical season and current events.
TWELFTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
CELEBRANT: Let us offer our prayers to the God whose power is kindness, whose love does wondrous deeds!
READER: Please respond, “LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER!”
1. That Christians, who have grown fearful or discouraged, for whatever reason, may trust their God Who set limits for the sea and raised Jesus from the dead, we pray. . .
2. That the too many nations, battered by the raging storm of violent conflict, may soon come to rejoice in a Sabbath of healing and the calm of peace, we pray. . .
3. That those whose livelihood depends upon the sea may prosper in their labors and be preserved from danger, we pray. . .
4. That vacationers may see God’s handiwork in the splendor of wind and sea, and be renewed in spirit by their time of recreation, we pray. . .
5. That God may abundantly bless with health, peace, love, and success in their labors our fathers and step-fathers, grandfathers and God-fathers, and all men who serve young people as teachers and coaches, priests and counselors, we pray. . .
6. That our fathers who hurt in any way, those who miss their fathers today, and those who never knew their fathers or are estranged from them may know the compassionate comfort of loved ones, we pray. . .
7. That our service men and women and First Responders may be kept safe; and, the seriously ill in our community and among our family members and friends gifted with love’s comfort and the healing touch of our God, (especially ___________________,) we pray. . .
8. That those who sorrow, especially for their deceased fathers, may be consoled by Easter’s promise; and _________________________, (and) all our beloved dead, especially our fathers, come to the everlasting embrace of God’s love and peace, we pray. . .
CELEBRANT: God of mercy, listen to the prayer of your people, voiced in the name of your Son, Jesus, who rebuked the wind and calmed the sea, for he is Christ and Lord forever and ever.