Each week we are posting General Intercessions for the upcoming Sunday liturgies by Msgr. Joseph Masiello, retired pastor of Holy Trinity Parish, Westfield, NJ. These intercessions are based on the assigned scriptures, the liturgical season and current events.
FOURTH SUNDAY OF LENT
CELEBRANT: By grace we have been saved, and so, in grace and in our need, let us offer our petitions to the God who is rich in mercy.
READER: Please respond, “LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER!”
1. That the Church, the house of God, may be built up by the challenge of prophetic voices calling the Baptized, one and all, to deeper conversion, an ever-greater fidelity, and unbounded compassion, we pray. . .
2. That Syria, Yemen, and all lands, burdened by age-old animosities and made desolate by war, and refugees driven from their homes by violence, may soon come to a Sabbath of healing and a new springtime of peace, we pray. . .
3. That soon and very soon the supply of Anticovid vaccines may fill every corner of the globe, we pray. . .
4. That the elect of our faith communities may be filled with the light that overcomes the darkness so that they may yield a harvest of all that is good and right and true, we pray. . .
5. That we, who are saved by faith and called to be God’s handiwork, may live each day as children of the light, rich in good works, we pray. . .
6. That our First Responders, essential workers, and our service men and women may know the gift of safety; and, the seriously ill in our community and among our family members and friends be gifted with love’s comfort and the healing touch of our God, (especially ____________________, we pray. . .
7. That Easter’s glorious promise may console the hearts of those among us in mourning; and, ______________, (and) all our beloved dead come to eternal rest and the everlasting embrace of God’s love and peace, we pray. . .
8. We pause to express, in the silence of our hearts, our personal intentions -
That God may receive with a special kindness those concerns, we pray. . .
CELEBRANT: God of all grace, we are your handiwork. Strengthen us for the good works that you have prepared for us. Grant these our petitions which we pray in the name of Jesus, whom you sent into the world you so love, to save us from the darkness and who is Lord forever and ever.